- 3 Chome-21-20 Koenji-Kita, Suginami-ku, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 2 minutes from JR Koenji Station
- 03-6479-4895 (Japanese or Thai)
- 6:00pm - 2:00am, closed Thursdays
- Owners speak Japanese and Thai
Hospitality and Delicious Yakitori
Toritake is an izakaya that specializes in yakitori (grilled skewer chicken). It is run by a newlywed couple, the Japanese chef and his Thai wife. There are a variety of yakitori selections. Specially recommended is sasami (chicken tenderloin with topping selection of wasabi, spicy cod roe or plum) but nothing can beat “kimi tsuki tsukune” meatball dip in egg yolk and soy sauce, totally the best combination ever. Enjoy the free appetizers of selected vegetables while chatting with the chef. They are so friendly and this place really reflects Japan’s omotenashi, or hospitality.