- Alcoholic drinks: beer ¥600, red wine: ¥500; Food Menu: Enzyme Brown Rice Sandwich with side salad ¥800 (soft drink + ¥200 yen)
- 3 Chome-54-14, Koenji-minami, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 4 minutes from JR Koenji Station
- 10:00am - 7:00pm, closed on Wednesday & Thursday
- Chef can speak daily conversational English
RECT. SAND. CAFE
Good for Vegans, Great for Everyone!
Rect Cafe is a great find. Look for a storefront woody bench with an olive tree. Located on a quiet street just north of Koenji’s Etoile Dori shopping street, this vegan cafe offers wholesome and delicious foods focusing on enzyme brown rice. Their specialty enzyme brown rice “rectangle sandwich” plate as well as vegan curry with side salad make you feel better and healthier.
The chef prepares everything from scratch and they are refreshing and tasty. Families with children are welcome. There is a special little corner for family. Picture books, toys and kids menu are available.
Soy milk tea (hot or cold) using organic Assam tea leaves is amazingly tasty. The “Komatsuna” leafy greens smoothie has no bitter taste and is absolutely worth trying! Enzyme brown rice balls also great take-out food, and are available in many varieties. Check out vegan sweets such as cookies, muffins, and raw energy balls with raisins, which are great to nosh on during a busy day of vintage shopping or rocking out in Koenji!
[updated October 2017]