- Lunch ￥480-￥880 Dinner ￥480-￥1300
- 1 Chome-27-6 Asagayakita, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 5 minutes from JR Asagaya Station (North exit)
- 03-3223-3111 (Japanese only)
- Weekdays 11:30am - 2:30pm, 6:00pm – 10:00pm; Weekends 11:30am - 3:00pm, 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Japanese only
Original Hokkaido Specialty Soba, Popular With the Locals
Reputable for its name and taste, Azuma is the locals’ favorite place to satisfy their hunger and hang out after work– so much so that sometimes it is fully reserved for an after-work party.
The specialty of this shop is of course the soba noodles (buckwheat noodles) which are freshly made everyday from high-quality Hokkaido buckwheat flour. Available cold or hot, enjoy it as is with soy sauce based dipping-soup priced at 580 yen (perfect in summer) or with crispy tempura set as soup-topping for 1200 yen, or freshly cut sashimi only for 580 yen. Other than soba, we also recommend the Oyakodon (rice topped with chicken and egg) served with the sweet original sauce. You can enjoy it together with soba for an affordable lunch-set priced at 880 yen. Check out their seasonal menu as well.