- Lunch sets ¥1000, see English menu (below) for more
- 1 Chome-10-4 Kamiogi, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 3 minutes from JR/Tokyo Metro Ogikubo Station, West Gate North Exit
- 03-3391-2355 (Japanese only)
- Lunch 11:30am – 2:00pm / Dinner 5:00pm – 8:00pm, Closes Irregularly
- Staff Speak Japanese only. English menu is available.
This Family-Run Tonkatsu Restaurant is a Keeper!
Tatsumi-Tei is run by a father-son team, and they have been in business for close on to 50 years, showing their tonkatsu, Japanese pork cutlet, has stood the test of time and is here to stay. There used to be a lot more tonkatsu specialty restaurants in the area, but the majority of these other shops had short life spans, since it is hard to make enough money to stay in business as a tonkatsu specialty shop. But thanks to Tatsumi-Tei’s delicious family recipe, they aren’t going anywhere anytime soon!
A lunch set at Tatsumi-Tei includes tonjiru (pork miso soup), rice with free refills (per one person), Japanese pickles, and tea in addition to the main course: choosing from pork cutlet, chicken cutlet, Japanese hamburger, and more (see the photo above for the lunch menu)—all for around 1000 yen! Dinner sets also have great value, and they have a well-rounded sake menu and English menu as well. There are 16 table seats and 5 counter seats available.