¥300 - ¥900 range
- 1 Chome 4-10 Kamiogi, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 2 minutes from JR/Tokyo Metro Ogikubo Station (North Exit)
- 03-3393-3545 (Japanese only)
- 6:00pm - 1:30am after midnight, Closed during Obon holidays (mid-August) and New Year's holidays (late Dec.-early Jan.)
- Staff Speak Japanese only, English menu is available.
An Ogikubo Classic with a Garlic Kick
Juhachi-Ban’s old-fashioned ramen with soy-sauce based soup goes down smooth. However, their special Ramen 18 “juhachi-ban” (850 yen) contains so much garlic that it revitalizes and gives you stamina. If you want make it heavier and more filling, you can also put pork fried with garlic on top. There are two types of ramen here, soy-sauce taste and miso taste. These two types of ramen have a completely different taste, “shoyu” soy sauce ramen being born right here in Ogikubo and miso ramen typical of Sapporo, Hokkaido.
Like many ramen specialty shops, they also serve gyoza dumplings, but of course at Juhachi-Ban they are garlic filled. This ramen is so good that you will be hooked, an original classic taste of Ogikubo! There are 12 seats available at this authentic ramen shop.
[Updated January 2018]