- 3 Chome-59-4 Koenji-Minami, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 3 minutes from JR Koenji Station, South Exit
- 03-3317-7789 (Japanese only)
- 1:00pm - 9:00pm (Closes at 8:00pm on Sundays), Closed on Mondays, Tuesdays, and occasionally for restocking
- Staff speak Japanese only.
Unique Taste and Rare Finds
Hachimakura is a unique souvenir shop in south Koenji. Most of the items are paper craft, but other things like Japanese traditional folk toys including kokeshi—painted wooden dolls with a cylindrical body– are also displayed. Dead stock like labels for soy sauce bottles printed in the Showa Era (300yen for 15 labels) or old signature stamps made of valuable materials (525 yen) are rare one-of-a-kind items that are also available, so this is a shop you should visit if you look for something you can’t find anywhere else. There is also a unique “Summer Paper Festival” event held once a year.
[published: August 2017]
YOU ALSO MIGHT LIKE:
IN THE AREA: