Lunch ¥800 – ¥1200, Dinner around ¥1,700
- 4 Chome-30-2. Nishiogi-kita, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 11 minute walk from JR Nishi-Ogikubo Station, North Exit
- 03-3390-2439 (Japanese only)
- 11:00am - 3:00pm, 5:00pm - 8:00pm, Closed on Wednesdays
- Staff speak Japanese only.
Noodle Dishes Change Daily in a Restaurant from the Early Showa Era
Tanakaya is a soba (buckwheat noodles) restaurant that was founded in 1938 at its present location. For Japanese the interior is quite nostalgic, and for the foreign visitor it offers a glimpse into the early Showa era. The daily special healthy menu is very filling－soba with squid tempura, kelp rice, vegetables, clear soup, Japanese pickles and dessert. The daily special is always well-balanced in terms of nutrition and is quite popular, as the owner does his best to make a new creative menu every day. Another popular menu item is soba with ground meat and vegetables (880 yen).
[published: August 2017]
YOU ALSO MIGHT LIKE:
IN THE AREA: