5 Pack Gift Box ¥2,592
- 3 Chome-21-4 Minami-Ogikubo, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 10 minute walk from JR Nishi-Ogikubo Station, 14 minute walk from JR/Tokyo Metro Ogikubo Station (South Exits)
- 03-3333-3435 (Japanese only)
- 9:00am - 6:00pm, Closed on Sundays & holidays (long holidays during New Years and O-bon Week in August)
- Staff speak Japanese only.
KOBARISEI RICE SHOP
Souvenir-Size Rice in Well Designed Packaging
Quality rice is available from various parts of Japan at Kobarisei Maiten in Ogikubo. The shop deals mainly in organic rice or high quality rice. They sell original sets of a few varieties of rice in small packages, which are great for souvenirs. We recommend the “2 Go Gift Rice,” a gift box that contains 5 packages, each of which is packed with a different brand of special rice. It weighs 1.5 kilograms and won the Good Design Award in 2016. Also their “Komenuka Onnetsu and Cold Pad,” a small pad that contains rice bran and salt is quite popular, selling for 2,500 yen. When heated up in a microwave oven, it can be used as a heat pad in the winter, and when frozen in the freezer it works great to keep cool in the summer.
*Please check with your airline to make sure rice is allowed to take on your flight home and into your country before purchasing as a souvenir. You may have to declare it, so please be aware.
[updated December 2018]
YOU ALSO MIGHT LIKE:
IN THE AREA: