See English Menu
- 2 Chome-17-7 Koenji-Kita, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 4 minutes from JR Koenji Station, North Exit
- 03-5356-7175 (Japanese only)
- Mon - Wed 11:30am - 3:00pm \ 5:00pm - 12:00am, Fri 5:00pm - 12:00am, Weekends & holidays 11:30am - 12:00am midnight, Closed Thursdays
- Staff speak Japanese only. English menu available.
Take a Seat at the Teppan and Enjoy the Theatre of Okonomiyaki
Hiroshima Okonomiyaki Mikazuki sits unassumingly on one of the quieter sundrenched corners in Koenji’s rabbit warren of shotengai shopping streets. Perfect for takeaway lunches in the park, small group get-togethers and intimate late night dinners, its bright interior, dedicated master and sparkling teppan hot plate set the scene for a mouthwatering meal.
As the store’s full name suggests, Mikazuki serves an assortment of Hiroshima influenced okonomiyaki— the Japanese savory “pancake”– Hiroshima-style includes noodles (while Osaka-style is without noodles). They also have yakisoba and teppanyaki dishes. Choose between a number of seafood and meat-based okonomiyaki or go rogue with a mochi and cheese blend. If you want to try something new, Hiroshima Okonomiyaki Mikazuki in Koenji is a great find with its pleasant atmosphere, generous servings, and “theatre” provided by the master sweating away at his craft behind the teppan. He is from Hiroshima so you know your meal will be authentic Hiroshima-style. Pair it with local sake from Hiroshima!
[published March 2018]
YOU ALSO MIGHT LIKE:
IN THE AREA: