Dinner usually around ¥1,500 - ¥3,000
- 1 Chome-4-3 Kamiogi, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 2 minutes from JR/Tokyo Metro Ogikubo Station, North Exit
- 03-3392-0865 (Japanese only)
- Monday-Friday 1:00pm - 12:00am midnight, Saturday/Sunday/holidays 12:00pm - 11:30pm, Closed 2 days during O-Bon holidays in mid-August
- Staff speak Japanese only.
Famous For the Owner’s Interesting Personality
What makes this izakaya serving yakitori (grilled skewered chicken) most famous is its owner who has a strong character with his permed kinky hair. He looks formidable, but he actually is very humorous, and all the regulars really love him. When asked about the menu, he can be heard discussing items on the menu with lots of gusto. “We have lots of items that could win first prize in a cook-off!”
He comes from Hokkaido and he orders fresh and inexpensive fish and vegetables from Hokkaido as well as from all over of Japan. Their yakitori is very good, and in addition they have many rare items like Green Asparagus Sashimi (500 yen), and Mushroom Butter Saute (500 yen) that you cannot easily find at other izakaya. It’s definitely an interesting stop if you enjoy yakitori and one-of-a-kind places.
[published May 2018]