- 2 Chome-15-4, Asagayakita, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 4 minutes from JR Asagaya Station
- 2:00pm - 10:00pm; Closed on Thursdays
- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magnolia-cafe-%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B0%E3%83%8E%E3%83%AA%E3%82%A2-%E3%82%AB%E3%83%95%E3%82%A7/1414039912146183 (external link)
- Owner is a native English speaker.
A Rare and Unexpected British Café in Tokyo
There are many British pubs in many places, but here in Asagaya a short walk north of JR Asagaya Station we find a British style coffee shop. According to Sean, the British owner, “Taking the flavor of raw ingredients very seriously is a characteristic of British cuisine.”
A British favorite, beans on toast (550 yen), is highly recommended. It is a simple dish of white kidney beans cooked in tomato and spread on toast. The semisweet beans and the fragrant smell of well-toasted bread go great together, and a soft drink at half price definitely makes for a good deal.
[updated September 2018]
YOU ALSO MIGHT LIKE: