- staying in suginami
- SEIKO RYOKAN
- 3 Chome-38-9 Ogikubo, Suginami, Tokyo 167-0051
- Distance from Station:
- 8 minutes on foot from JR/Tokyo Metro Ogikubo Station
- 03-3391-0606 (A little English OK)
- Check-in 4:00pm, Check-out 10:00am, Front Doors lock by 11:00pm
- http://www.ryokan.or.jp/english/yado/main/28600 (external link)
- The owners only speak a little English.
Step Back In Time With Seiko Ryokan!
[updated July 2022]
Craving that traditional Japanese Ryokan experience without the cost? Look no further than the homely Seiko Ryokan in lively Ogikubo. Built during the 1930’s, this authentic Japanese inn caters to foreign travelers and Japanese guests alike.
Greeted by the very hospitable and humble owners, you’ll settle right in to your spacious room complete with tatami flooring, futons and vintage ornaments. Conveniences such as free wifi and air-conditioning will guarantee a comfortable visit. Breakfast is available for ¥1100.
You may pay by credit card, but please note a 5% fee will be charged. You can also get a discount of 1% off per night (starting at 2 nights) up to 30%, so if you’re looking for a place to stay for a month you can get 30% off. The owners don’t speak much English, but enough for you to book by phone or fax (same number).
For a truly memorable stay, relax in the Japanese-style bath area before heading to the dining room for breakfast and views of the delightful courtyard garden.
Photographer: A. Kayamoto