Coffee from ¥400, Beer from ¥500. See English Menu
- 3 Chome-67-1 Koenjiminami, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 3 minutes from JR Koenji Station
- 03-3223-6034 (Japanese only)
- Monday - Saturday 2:00pm - 6:00pm / 9:00pm - Late (depending on crowd). Closed Sunday
- http://www1.plala.or.jp/GODZILLAYA/godzillaya2new.htm (external link)
- Staff speak Japanese only.
Retro Vibes in Koenji
[updated March 2020]
Go back in time at this quirky Koenji bar, located under the vibrant Chuo line tracks in the Koenji Street dining and drinking area. Godzilla-ya 2 is a Koenji institution; jam-packed with iconic Japanese and western toys that will have you reminiscing all evening. The bar was created to house some of the overflowing collection of retro characters from the iconic Godzilla-ya 1 retro toystore upstairs.
Enjoy a few drinks and snacks while watching Godzilla films; from the 1954 Japanese classic to the latest Hollywood releases. Stay a while and be transported back to the good old days watching Astro Boy and other classics while soaking up the the atmosphere that can only be found in a bar like Godzilla-ya 2.