- 2 Chome-48-11 Koenji-Minami, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 4 minutes from JR Koenji Station, South Exit
- 03-3315-3310 (Japanese only)
- 12:00pm - 7:30pm (Sat. Sun. and holidays: 12pm - 9:30pm); Closed Mondays & Tuesdays
- Staff speak Japanese only
Bringing Classic to Koenji
There was a famous classical music cafe in Nakano (the next station from Koenji) called “Classic”, which sadly closed after more than 50 years. A member of the staff who worked there was reluctant to see the closing and decided to seize the moment, opening Renaissance in nearby Koenji. The records, the lights, and the cash register are taken over from “Classic” and the room looks just as nostalgic as the old location— you would never image that it could have opened as recently as 2007. Coffee (400 yen) is also made from deeply roasted bitter beans as Classic’s was. The system of buying a coffee ticket first and allowing customers to bring in their own food are also the same as—you guessed it– Classic.
Come to Koenji and make Classic memories of your own.
[updated September 2018]
YOU ALSO MIGHT LIKE:
IN THE AREA: