- 1 Chome-27-7 Asagayakita, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 5 minutes from JR Asagaya Station, North exit
- 03-5356-8920 (Japanese only)
- 12:00pm - 3:00pm & 5:00pm - 8:00pm, Thursdays 9:00 - 8:00pm, Closed Mondays and the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of every month
- https://ja-jp.facebook.com/publication0611 (external link)
- Japanese, English menu available.
Café for the Creative Traveler
[updated August 2022]
For the creative traveler exploring the west side of Tokyo and looking for a café to relax, only 8 minutes from Shinjuku on the Chuo Line brings you to Asagaya, where the perfect hangout spot awaits. Here at Public Cafe, mouth-watering food and a variety of cultural offerings combine. Public is run by a young creative couple passionate about food, the arts, and who love sharing their space with other creative minds. The menu here includes grilled pork covered in tom yum sauce and Public’s version of the popular “omuraisu” (Japanese rice omelette). While you take in the flavors, you can also relax and take in the music, the art from varying exhibitions, or freely browse through the art books and magazines on hand.