- EAT & DRINK
Ramen from ¥770
- 1 Chome-16-14 Kamiogi, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 3 minutes from JR/Tokyo Metro Ogikubo Station, North Exit (West Gate)
- 03-3392-3537 (Japanese only)
- Weekdays 11:00am - 3:00pm / 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Weekends 11:00am - 10:00pm (Last Orders 9:45pm). Closed on Mondays (unless Monday is a holiday, closed on Tuesday instead)
- http://ogikubo-futaba.com/ (external link)
- Staff speak Japanese only.
A Twist of Yuzu and Pork in that Ogikubo Flavor
[updated March 2020]
The soup in Futaba’s ramen is a mixture of dried sardine (niboshi) and roast pork fat, giving it taste that is somewhere in between the Ogikubo classic taste (shoyu + niboshi or chicken) and a tonkotsu pork taste. You may be surprised to see the rich roast pork soup on the surface, but underneath lies the sardine soup with a slightly bitter taste, and the fragrance of soy sauce (shoyu) is sure to motivate your appetite. The combination of the soup and the broad, flat noodles is exquisite, delightfully accented by slices of onion or peels of yuzu (Asian citron). Sardine/pork fat ramen is 890 yen. Toppings available are menma (bamboo shoot), nori (dried seaweed), yuzu (only in winter) and others. There are 16 seats available at Ogikubo’s Futaba.
YOU ALSO MIGHT LIKE: