Most drinks ¥650
- 3 Chome-57-6 Koenjiminami, Suginami, Tokyo (2nd Floor)
- Distance from Station:
- 3 minutes from JR Koenji Station, South Exit
- Weekdays 1:30pm - 10:30pm, Weekends & holidays 12:00pm - 10:30pm, Closed Mondays (and also the Tuesday the week after a Monday holiday)
- http://r-books.jugem.jp/ (external link)
- Staff speak Japanese only.
R. ZA READING CAFE
A Coffee Shop Where You Can Enjoy Peace and Quiet
Less than a five minute walk from JR Koenji Station, R. Za Reading Cafe is a unique place in that not only is it a book café, but chatting is not allowed in this coffee shop at all so that people can immerse themselves in their reading or whatever moves them. All you can hear is the sound of water dripping into the aquarium and the ticking of the clock. Mr. Watanabe, the owner of the shop, wanted to supply a space where people could relax and forget about everyday life. Each seat has a different design, and some guests have their own favorite seat. Another unique feature is that a notebook is placed on each table, and you can write whatever you want to express. It may be interesting to read what previous guests have written (although it’s probably mostly in Japanese). The café focuses on beverages like coffee, milk tea, juice or chai (spiced Indian tea), most of which are 650 yen.
[updated November 2018]