¥260 - ¥380 range (more for full cakes)
- 3 Chome-38-20 Shoan, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 3 minutes walk from JR Nishi-Ogikubo Station (South Exit)
- 03-3332-0051 (Japanese only)
- 12:00pm - 7:00pm, Closed on Mondays, Closes at 6:00pm on weekends and holidays, also may close early when items are sold out
- https://www.khanam-trim.com/ (external link)
- Staff speak Japanese and a little English
Stock Up on Vegan Treats!
[updated June 2020]
Khanam is a take-away-only vegan baked goods shop. This Nishi-Ogikubo shop has a gentle rustic ambiance with a clear display and helpful, attentive staff. Their signature cookies come in very affordable small packs of 2 to 4 and the cakes are individual pieces such as muffins or slices of a larger cake. Whole cakes are also available if ordered 3 days in advance.
There are normally some cakes reflecting the current season, for example, chestnut, pumpkin, strawberry, etc. Popular standards include chocolate cake, carrot cake, matcha, or plain shortbread cookies, biscotti, and sugar-coated, melt-in-the-mouth rice flour ‘snowballs’. Be aware that some items may sell out and the shop occasionally closes early if everything has been sold, so get there early if you can!
There is no eat-in area so note that goods from Khanam can be purchased for take out only. Khanam is operated by a proprietor who is passionate about offering fully plant-based, healthy, freshly made baked goods which can be enjoyed by everyone.