- Sweets: around ¥200, Box (6-12): ¥1000-¥3000, Eat-in menu: ¥500-¥1000
- 1 Chome-33-5 Asagayaminami, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 7 minutes from JR Asagaya Station, 4 minutes from Tokyo Metro Minami-Asagaya Station
- 03-3314-1331 (Japanese only)
- 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Japanese only, English menu
A Place to Relax After a Stroll Through the Asagaya Pearl Center
Having been a business for 300 years and making sweets for 10 generations, Toraya-Chinzan’s sweets attract not only older but also young customers as a part of daily afternoon tea.
Select your favorite sweets, grab a seat and relax your mind with a cup of complementary green tea. Also popular among young people is anmitsu (Japanese dessert which consists of cubes jelly, sweet red bean paste and sweet black syrup) you can also add fruit or ice cream as toppings. The anmitsu is a level above many others in Japan- if you have a sweet tooth or are curious about Japanese sweets you must try it!
Many of the sweets are also perfect as souvenirs as they are made fresh daily and can last for 2 weeks. Toraya-Chinzan is located in the middle of Pearl Asagaya Shopping street, so after a long tired walk, why not enter and relax for a while?