- Breakfast ¥450, Set Meals ¥1250-
- 1 Chome-18-11 Nishiogi-Minami, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 8 minutes from Nishi-Ogikubo Station, South Exit
- Restaurant Wed - Fri (Breakfast & Lunch 9:00am - 2:00pm, Dinner 6:00pm - 9:30pm); Cafe Sat & Sun 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Acupuncture & Therapy Tue - Sun 10:00am - 8:00pm (5:00pm on Fri, 9:00pm on Sat/Sun); Closed Mondays and Tuesdays when Monday is a holiday
- Staff do not speak much English.
Food and Therapy, Healthfully and Politely
The concept of “food and therapy” may seem a bit strange for a restaurant, but Teineini serves food with a vegetable based diet and is owned by an acupuncturist who is concerned about enhancing one’s immunity through diet. So when you look at it that way it makes a lot more sense. Mr. Fukuda bases his menu on organic brown rice and vegetables since they are good for heath. To accomplish these therapeutic meals, he orders organic vegetables from a nearby farm, and he uses koshi-hikari brown rice which is among the best variety. He also bakes banana cake or pear muffins for sale at the shop. What a treat!
Breakfast is available from 9 o’clock and is a steal at 450 yen. Lunch is also available until 2:00pm. Dinner begins at 6 o’clock. Daily set meals are available for 1200 yen, and you can choose your own side dishes, mostly 100 yen or 200 yen. Since owner Mr. Fukuda is a professional acupuncturist, there is a room for massage next to the restaurant, but you must make a reservation in advance. Try both together for true food and therapy!
[published November 2017]
YOU ALSO MIGHT LIKE:
IN THE AREA: