See English Menu
- 3 Chome-58-25 Koenjiminami, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 2 minutes from JR Koenji Station, South Exit
- 03-5306-1626 (English Ok)
- 11:00am - 11:00pm
- http://www.thapa.co.jp/khana/koenji/index.html (external link)
- English speaking staff available, English menu available (Vegan options clearly marked)
The Taste of Indo-Nepal on Koenji Pal Street
[updated May 2020]
Along Koenji’s central “shotengai” shopping street, Khana restaurant stands out not only for offering delicious Indian and Nepalese food, but also for being a staple here on Pal Street. For over 20 years, Khana has been serving up one of the best naan and curry combinations in town as well as delicious Nepalese dishes with prices ranging from 280 yen for snacks to 2,500 yen for special dishes. There’s a wide selection on the menu including Kadai Chicken, Butter Chicken Curry, and a typical Nepali Curry set among many other treats. Authentic Indian Music and the ethnic decoration round up the unique dining experience.
Although they serve meat, they also have an extensive vegetarian menu with vegan options clearly marked, making this a great place for vegans and non-vegans to enjoy together a break from Koenji vintage shopping or rocking out.