Average ¥1000 - ¥2000 per bag, tea bags from ¥350
- Main Store: 2 Chome-15-19 Asagayakita, Suginami, Tokyo; New Store: 1 Chome-3-6 Asagayakita, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 4 minutes from JR Asagaya Station
- Main Store: 03-3336-0213, New Store: 03-3330-0210 (Phone is Japanese only)
- Main Store: 9:00am - 7:30pm, Closed Saturdays and holidays; New Store: 9:00am - 7:00pm, Closed Sundays
- http://www.asagaya-rakuzan.com/ (external link)
- Basic English OK
No Need To Go To Kyoto or Shizuoka, Quality Japanese Tea Is Available At Rakuzan in Tokyo!
[updated March 2020]
Rakuzan has been in the tea business since 1975 providing the highest grade of tea, cultivated in the lush fields of Shizuoka and carefully selected to create aromatic tea. There is a huge selection of tea to choose from, over 100 varieties including matcha (powdered green tea), rice tea, and organic teas.
If you are a fan of strong flavored tea, try the award-winning Kakegawa tea or for a light, fresh taste the “Asakoku” is highly recommended. Try not to miss the seasonal teas, as they are only available for a few months a year.
Rakuzan also carries a variety of nori (dried seaweed), as well as attractive tea containers, tea scopes, and tea sets. Nearly everything you need to hold a traditional tea ceremony is sold here. Chat with the owner over complimentary tea while you make your selection. They have two stores in Asagaya, so be sure to check them out.
ACCESS Main Store
ACCESS New Store
YOU ALSO MIGHT LIKE:
IN THE AREA: