- Nishi-Ogikubo Cuisine
- ITOCHI KOKESHI CAFE
- 2 Chome-1-7 Nishiogi-kita, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 6 minutes from JR Nishi-Ogikubo Station
- 03-5303-5663 (Japanese only)
- 12:00pm - 7:00pm
- http://tea-kokeshi.jp/ (external link)
- Staff speak Japanese only; English Menu
ITOCHI KOKESHI CAFE
Surround Yourself With Traditional Kokeshi Dolls at This Unique Cafe
[updated August 2022]
Itochi Cafe is a must-visit if you’re interested in traditional Japanese crafts. The Kokeshi dolls represent the many diverse regions of Japan; each with their own set of colours and patterns. This homely cafe in Nishi-Ogikubo, Suginami Ward’s quiet antique town, has a beautifully minimal design to complement the colourful dolls.
An English menu is available, but if you want to make it easy go for milk tea, chai, hot cocoa or orange juice, and a delicious slice of homemade cake. While you’re there, grab a bag of Itochi tea leaves and a cute postcard or two for the road.