- 1 Chome-15-1 Asagaya-minami, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 1 minute from Tokyo Metro Minami-Asagaya Station, 10 minutes from JR Asagaya Station, South exit
- 03-3312-2111 ext.2127 (Japanese only)
- 9:00am - 4:30pm on weekdays (Closed on Saturday and Sunday)
- http://en.suginami-kouryu.org/contents/code/shop (external link)
- English Speaking Staff available.
Suginami Tokyo’s One-of-a-Kind Local Gifts
The Commucul Shop (Communication and Cultural Shop) in the Suginami City Office in Minami-Asagaya is the only place to buy Suginami’s specialty souvenirs and goods that relate to it’s official character, Namisuke. Namisuke is a lovable, adorable green mythical creature that loves apples. Here you can buy Namisuke goods aplenty: stuffed animals, T-shirts, smart phone accessories, bags, mugs– you name it, they’ve go it! This is the only place to buy these goods, so it makes them very unique gifts or souvenirs. Only in Japan is there a cute character for everything– so why not get something as a memento?
Aside from Namisuke goods they also have other Suginami special items, such as the 3 Suginami curries: Koenji Gravy Beef Curry, Asagaya Coffee Curry, and Ogikubo Italian Sausage Curry. They come in pouches that can be heated easily in boiling water, also making them good souvenirs. But wait– there’s more! Not only Suginami goods, but also products of Suginami’s friendship cities are sold here, including snacks, noodles, jams, honey, juices, sauces and more. These make for great souvenirs if you cannot buy them from other areas of Japan, for example Asparagus Ramen and high quality tomato juice from Nayoro in Hokkaido.
[updated November 2018]