see English menu (below)
- 3 Chome-38-19 Shoan, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 2 minute walk from JR Nishi-Ogikubo Station, South Exit
- 03-5941-6733 (Japanese only)
- Weekdays: lunch 11:30am - 3:00pm, dinner 6:30pm - 11:00pm, Weekends & Holidays: lunch 11:30am - 4:00pm, dinner 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Closed on Mondays
- http://frenchcurryspoon.com/ (external link)
FRENCH CURRY SPOON
Get Your Spoons Ready for French Curry
French Curry Spoon is such a popular and unique curry restaurant that on weekends and holidays there is always a line of people outside, patiently waiting their turn to enjoy the French curry. The chef of this Nishi-Ogikubo establishment used to work at a French restaurant so he applies many French cuisine skills to the curry. It’s also very popular among women due to the variety of hors d’oeuvres and wines. Of course the specialty is French Curry, for which only a small amount of butter and flour is used to make the curry roux. The curry is very rich in taste as the fond de veau (French brown stock) is boiled for six hours and then fermented for three days. It is a health conscientious restaurant and the rice that comes with the curry is 13 koku mai, or rice mixed with 13 kinds of grains.
Appease your appetite for French cuisine and curry, all in one spoon!
[updated November 2018]