see English menu (below)
- 3 Chome-18-15 Shoan, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 6 minutes from JR Nishi-Ogikubo Station, South Exit
- 03-6320-9937 (Japanese only)
- 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Closed Mondays and the 1st & 2nd Tuesdays of the month
- https://www.halalgourmet.jp/restaurant/405 (external link)
- Staff speak Japanese, English menu available
Moroccan Food is a Rare Treat
[updated May 2020]
Especially great for those seeking Halal options, Tam Tam in Nishi-Ogikubo is an authentic Moroccan restaurant, about a 6 minute walk west from the south exit of JR Nishi-Ogikubo Station. The Morocco influenced interior is filled with vintage decorations and ethnic charm. Tam Tam has been run by a Moroccan and Japanese couple since 2011. Their restaurant is extremely popular among locals and people from all over since it has been featured in magazines and on TV.
Moroccan food is influenced by French so there might be some similarities in the table manners and food. If it is your first time to try Moroccan or you want to get a bit of everything, the course set for 3500 yen includes appetizers, a main dish, dessert, and their special mint tea that comes in an elegant silver tea pot. The highlight is perhaps the dessert– date ice cream which you may not find elsewhere and is especially refreshing in the hot and humid Japanese summer.
YOU ALSO MIGHT LIKE:
IN THE AREA: