Ramen ¥1100 and under
- 2 Chome-21-7 Koenjiminami, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 10 minutes from JR Koenji Station, South Exit
- 03-3313-1253 (Japanese only)
- Weekdays 11:30am - 3:00pm / 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Weekends 11:30am - 9:30pm
- staff speak Japanese only
Special Heavy Ramen
[updated June 2020]
Tonkotsu miso ramen is the draw at Jagura, a few minutes’ walk south of Koenji Station. As if a thick soup made from boiling pork bones wasn’t enough, a few different kinds of miso are blended into each bowl.
If you’ve come for such a heavy bowl, you might as well go all in. The Jagura Special (1,100 yen) comes topped with everything. Two kinds of extra meat and a perfectly cooked egg. Be sure to add in some of their black or red oils, made with burnt garlic and red chili respectively.
Jagura offers free rice and seasonings with their ramen, something they recommend all customers take advantage of. Add a small bowl of rice to the leftover soup, top it with homemade curry powder, and enjoy a completely different type of food.
YOU ALSO MIGHT LIKE:
IN THE AREA: