Egg lunch set ¥1500, Assorted tempura ¥1,600
- 3 Chome-22-7, Koenji-Kita, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 2 minutes from JR Koenji Station, North Exit
- Weekdays 12:00pm - 2:00pm (3pm on weekends), 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Closed Mondays
- http://nakadori.jp/shop/0332238505.html (external link)
- Owner speaks English and is also learning Chinese and other languages.
Unique Egg Tempura made by a “Tempura Samurai”
[updated March 2020]
A very popular Tempura restaurant in Koenji since 1987, Tensuke’s specialty dish is “Deep fried egg”. It has crispy coating on the outside and runny yolk inside. Putting the egg on the top of rice, you can eat it with a special sauce. Enjoy the taste of different ingredients and unique texture!
For good value, go for the “Egg lunch set” which also includes deep fried shrimp, squid and vegetables, so it’s quite substantial. The egg tempura is popular and original, so be advised you may have to wait in line for a bit before entering the restaurant, which has limited counter seating.
Additionally, it’s enjoyable to watch Chef Kurihara’s professional technique using chopsticks to make the egg tempura– he puts on quite a show ending in a samurai pose, which is in itself worth the wait in line.
Lunch goes for an average of 1,300 yen and dinner 2,300 yen. Only 2 minutes on foot from Koenji station!