¥120 - ¥980 range
- 2 Chome-12-23 Asagayakita, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 1 minute from JR Asagaya Station (North exit)
- 03-3310-4466 (Japanese only)
- 4:00pm - 1:00am, Closed Mondays
- Japanese; Owner speaks very limited English. See English Menu.
The Yakitori Hideout on Star Road Asagaya
[updated August 2022]
At Daruma in the Star Road area of Asagaya, chef and owner Hasegawa-san keeps things simple by focusing his attention on a small menu of succulent skewered chicken and vegetables, and the hospitable service he provides to his customers. With extensive experience in the kitchen of the iconic Hotel Okura, Hasegawa-san does an awesome job and grills up a mouth-watering chicken meatball skewer (tsukune) and a juicy chicken wing skewer (tebasaki) worthy of a visit. If you are feeling adventurous Daruma also offers a yakitori set including Japanese favourites such as heart (hatsu) and gizzard (sunagimo), which at 980 yen per set of 8 pieces, is definitely an affordable and flavourful option.