Day Rental (Open-Close) ¥3,150 (reservation required); Kimono for sale from ¥3000; Japanese souvenirs and accessories from ¥100
- 2 Chome-22-21 Koenjikita, Suginami
- Distance from Station:
- 3 minutes from JR Koenji Station, North
- 03-3310-2232 (Japanese only)
- Sunday - Tuesday & Friday 11:00am - 7:00pm, Saturday 1:00pm - 8:00pm, Closed Wednesday & Thursday. Closes irregularly.
- Staff speak Japanese only
Colorful Antique Kimono in Koenji
[updated March 2020]
Just a short walk from JR Koenji Station’s north exit, step back in time at Antique and Recycle Kimono Hirari. The shop is owned by a local mother/daughter team ready to offer friendly service, affordable prices, and expert advice on pairing kimono essentials. In addition to beautiful kimono for every occasion, you can find all the accessories you need at Hirari to complete your traditional look, including kanzashi traditional hair decorations and more.
If you aren’t planning to purchase one for yourself or a friend as a special souvenir, take advantage of their one-day rental service and explore the streets of Tokyo in style for a truly Japanese experience. Especially recommended for traditional festivals like the Tanabata Festival or Awa-Odori Festival!