lunch buffet 1st & 3rd Sunday ¥1,900
- 2 Chome-22-11 Nishiogi-minami, Suginami, Tokyo (2nd Floor)
- Distance from Station:
- 4 minutes from JR Nishi-Ogikubo Station, South Exit
- Tuesday - Friday 5:00pm - 10:00pm (dinner only), Weekends 12:00pm - 3:00pm (Lunch) & 5:00pm - 10:00pm (Dinner), Closed Mondays
- https://www.facebook.com/yumitake1015/ (external link)
- Japanese, English, Filipino
A Rare Gem of Cuisine in Japan, Tucked Away in Nishiogi
[updated November 2022]
As opposed to Thai food and Indian food, Philippine cuisine is hard to find in Japan. Ate (pronounced “ah-tay”), an authentic Filipino restaurant in west Tokyo’s Nishi-Ogikubo neighborhood, has been serving Japanese people their share of Philippine local dishes since 2007. Mrs. Ate, the owner of this long running restaurant, is a Filipina who has been living in Japan a long time. She is also the main chef, and you may recognize Mrs. Ate’s profile from the restaurant’s logo.
The interior is cozy and pleasant for dinner or lunch. You can find Filipino national food like sisig (Filipino braised pork) and chicken adobo (marinated chicken) as well as homemade dishes that you cannot find at other restaurants. If you visit Ate on the first or third Sunday of the month, you can try out 5 different dishes at their all-you-can-eat buffet lunch for only 1500 yen!
Additional photos provided by Ate.