- 2 Chome-35-14 Koenji-kita, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 6 minutes from JR Koenji Station, North Exit
- 03-3223-5345 (Japanese only)
- 2:00pm - 11:00pm (Closes at 10:00pm on Sundays), Closed Tuesday
- http://www.geocities.jp/europeanpapa/ (external link)
- English speaking staff available Mondays & Saturdays.
Used CD’s, Records and More By the Thousands!
[updated May 2020]
Walk in any direction from Koenji Station off the JR Chuo Line, and you are guaranteed to find a record shop. At the well-stocked European Papa on the north side along Azuma Dori shopping street, Nagasawa-san is the man behind the counter who knows a thing or two about good music and about collecting some of the best music out there; 10,000 CD’s; 6,000 LP’s; 4,000 EP’s stock his shelves from top to bottom. With this large collection of used music including a great selection of rock as well as hip-hop, pop, jazz, and Japanese classics, you have a high chance of finding that hard-to-get album you’ve been hunting down. On top of that Nagasawa-san stocks cool music memorabilia and vintage gadgets that will look great on your shelf. And if you have the opportunity to have a bit of a chat with him, he might show you his guitar skills or invite you to one of his live performances not far from the shop. Indeed, Koenji is a music town, and European Papa couldn’t have found a better home.
YOU ALSO MIGHT LIKE:
IN THE AREA: