Dinner around ¥2500
- 3 Chome-32-11 Shoan, Suginami, Tokyo
- Distance from Station:
- 3 minutes from JR Nishi-Ogikubo Station, south exit
- 03-5941-7031 (Japanese only)
- 6:00pm - 12:00am midnight, Saturdays 5:00pm - 12:00am midnight, Holidays 5:00pm - 11:15pm, Closed on Sundays and the 3rd Monday of every month
- Staff speak Japanese only.
Nishiogi Locals’ Favorite Yakitori
Sumibi Yakitori Don in Nishi-Ogikubo is a small restaurant (25 seats), but is such a popular restaurant that locals fill the seats as soon as it opens. Their specialty is sumibi-yakitori, skewered chicken grilled over a charcoal fire. They use Oyama-dori chicken, chicken raised with only anti biotics-free food at the foot of Daisen or Oyama Mountain in Tottori Prefecture. Additionally their special miso (fermented bean paste) is so good that it is also a popular item to purchase for home use. Their home made umeshu (plum wine), made from the famous Nankoume plum, is also highly recommended. If you get a chance, go and find out why Don is the local favorite yakitori restaurant.
[updated December 2018]
YOU ALSO MIGHT LIKE:
INTERVIEW WITH NOBUYUKI KURIHARA (TENSUKE)
The Koenji Tempura Specialist Tells About His Unique Tempura and Performance
IN THE AREA: